Welcome to FARA FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions). Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to our Web site may have. If you find that your question is not answered on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 301-519-9237.
FARA members can get additional information in the Members FAQ page contained in the Members Only Section of this site.
- For a Burglar Alarm: According to the FARA Model Burglar Alarm Ordinance, a “False Alarm means an Alarm Dispatch Request to a law enforcement agency, when the responding law enforcement officer finds no evidence of a criminal offense or attempted criminal offense after having completed a timely investigation of the Alarm Site.”
- For a Fire Alarm: According to the FARA Model Fire Alarm Ordinance, a “False Fire Alarm means the activation of any Fire Alarm System which results in a response by the fire department and which is caused by the negligence or intentional misuse of the Fire Alarm System by the Owner, its employees, agents or any other activation of a Fire Alarm System not caused by heat, smoke or fire, exclusive of a Nuisance Fire Alarm.”
- to provide top-notch maintenance and service programs,
- to train their employees in industry-recognized programs
- to meet all licensing requirements
- to have proper insurance coverage
- and to re-certify every year.
For more information on IQ visit http://www.iqcertification.org</li>