Info On FARA
The False Alarm Reduction Association is committed to reducing false alarms. Members are employed by government and public safety agencies, along with alarm industry and other professionals.
Our goal is to assist you in reducing false alarms in your jurisdiction, company or alarm site.
We do this by facilitating the exchange of information, influencing legislation and establishing relationships and partnerships with other groups interested in false alarm reduction.
Established in 1997, FARA currently serves hundreds of members in the US and Canada through newsletters, conferences and educational programs.
It is the mission of the False Alarm Reduction Association (FARA)
- to provide a forum for local government alarm ordinance managers to exchange information on successful false alarm reduction programs
- to serve as a clearinghouse for agencies seeking to reduce false alarms, and
- to foster an environment of cooperation among public safety, the alarm industry and the alarm user
We Are Here to Help
We have created a wealth of information:
- To help local governments adopt & amend a False Alarm Reduction Ordinance
- To help public safety run an effective False Alarm Reduction Program.
- To help alarm users use their systems effectively while reducing false alarms.
- To help alarm companies sell, install, service & monitor systems to reduce false alarms.
And of course if you share our commitment to reducing false alarms we invite you to join our association. Click here to learn how.